DRAW SVG is a free online drawing editor with additional tools for generating, optimizing, converting your drawings and sharing them with a community.
- Designed for all content publishers, info graphic designers and developers.
- Edit your drawings with a powerful SVG editor.
- Browse, publish, share and comment drawings with an original graphic social network.
- Create memes with your favorite pictures and photos.
- Turn your photos into Impressionist drawings with Photo to drawing Tool.
- Discover the use of the editor with the interactive learning Showcases Tool.
- Generate your own shape catalog to insert in your drawings.
- Optimize the size of your SVG files before publishing them.
- Convert your SVG drawings to PNG images for publication.
- Encode your images (svg, png, jpeg) in base 64 for insertion into your HTML pages.
- Pure HTML5 and CSS styles
- Optimized for Chrome & FireFox, compatible with Edge, Safari and Opera.
- Touch device compatible.
- Integrate DRAW SVG editor in your website with developers integration API.
- Customize the UI with your own application.
- SVG editor available as desktop application on github.
Version 9-5on November 2021
- Splitting features into two profiles user profiles
Version 9-3on June 2021
- Added select layer action,
see select and edit object's layer
Version 9-2on May 2021
Version 9-1on April 2021
Version 8-9on February 2021
Version 8-7on December 2020
Version 8-6on November 2020release notes
DRAW SVG tools are online tools totally free and easy to use, full documented and professional qualities.
- Use the editor to create and edit your drawings.
- Optimize their size with the optimizer tool.
- Share and publish them with the board tool.
- Generate kinds of aquarelle with the photo to svg generator tool.
- Create easy simple memes with images.
- Discover how to use editor features with the elearning tool with use cases animations.
- Generate your personal shape catalog to import in the editor to customized it with your interest field.
- Use additional web designer tools as the png format svg converter and the image encoder to enrich the contents of your html pages.
DRAW-SVG editor is also available as desktop application, download it from github.
- A basic profile comprising all the common functions for editing an SVG document
- An expert profile with additional advanced features intended for users specializing in SVG
The basic profile is free to use with no identification required.
The expert profile
Extract from sitepoint.com :
Maybe you have already found your free Web-based SVG editor among the apps so far but if you haven't, here is more.
DrawSVG is a fully standards-compliant SVG editor with many features.
What I really like about it is that it looks like a web application (i.e. menu on the left click to open submenu etc.) rather than the appearance of a desktop application brought to the web.
With DrawSVG you can draw, modify, and render objects. This includes drawing basic shapes, Bezier curves, straight and curved text, numerous stroke and fill styles, etc. You can also export your SVG to PNG.
The functionalities are organized into three categories of tasks:
- Tasks to manage documents (opening, saving, etc.)
- Tasks to draw elements
- Tasks to modify the selected elements
Each task is associated with a user profile (basic or expert), to explore them with showcases visit this links (document,
User documentation is also available.
Below are main features ordered by usual themes.
- Basic elements (rectangle, circle, ellipse, line, polyline, polygon)
- Bezier arcs (cubic, quadratic)
- Shapes, Emoji and Font Awesome icons
- Straight and curved text, single and multi-lines, with full feature editor
- Ready-made shapes (a lot of icons, arrows, flowcharts..)
- Advanced elements (path, Bezier curves)
- Path segments insert, remove and refactor
- Drawing geometry with point capture to connect objects
- Media controls (YouTube, video, audio, rich text)
- Multi-language text
- Document composition with svg included
- Google Maps
- Click an object, select the closest point clicked or all those inside in rectangle
- Select easy with target and points highlighting
- Moving the control points of the geometry of an object
- Transform objects
- Full interactive editing text with the mouse
- Download and encode PNG into image objects
- Edit geometry data
- Move and merge points
- Apply constraints to objects
- Manage layers, change the order of objects, align edges
- Browse map location
- Import svg files into included svg objects
- Copying the style of an object on another
- WYSIWYG editing style properties
- Color chooser (RGB, HSV, palette)
- Stroke style (color, scaling, width, dash, opacity, gradient, pattern, cap, join)
- Fill style (color, opacity, gradient. pattern, rule)
- Text style (family, size, font-style,weight, anchor, decoration)
- Marker style (start, mid, end)
- Import custom shape catalog
Manage your drawing files
- Save and load SVG files on your computer
- Load images as SVG files
- Optimize SVG file size.
- Conversion into PNG images
- Publish on Board tool
Interactive editing tools
Full svg made editing tools for a best rendered and interaction
Learning the use of drawsvg is very fast and easy
In addition to the online documentation, the DRAWSVG editor has an interactive tool to learn how to use it with animated tutorials that demonstrate use cases called "showcase".
- Showcase can be replayed step by step or full continual.
- Reproduces user actions directly on the DRAWSVG GUI.
- Indexed by keywords to easy find and select a use case.
Showcases are grouped into 11 themes that can be played continuously for an overview of the features :
Quick start drawing
- Draw all types of arcs
- Draw images (URL, encoded, map, SVG)
- Draw lines (oblique, vertical, horizontal, polylines)
- Draw paths (free, composite, hole, curves, smooth surfaces)
- Draw shapes (arrows, flow charts, symbols, emojis, font Awesome icons)
- Draw surfaces (rectangles, circles, ellipses, triangles, polygons)
- Draw texts (simple, multi lines, paths, styled)
An original graphic social network
Is a social network that manages signed topics composed of a drawing and a description classified by keyword and emojis.
Topics can be commented and followed by answers to build threads.
- Search latest topics by tags, keywords and emojis.
- Browse selection.
- Upload topics drawing.
- Sign In with a google account to add, comment or reply topics.
- To add a topic, select the topic's drawing creation mode from 4 different (from an image file, from a svg file, new meme, start new svg), then set the description and its classification by tags and emojis.
- Reply to a topic by completing its drawing with the editor of DRAWSVG or by a new drawing.
- Edit your topics, drawings and descriptions.
Creating a meme is very easy
A "meme" is an image with an added message on it.
- Choose an image or a photo.
- Define the meme size.
- The meme can have up to three captions (top, center,bottom).
- Select a caption, enter its text.
- Adjust the text style.
- Background style and advanced properties (stroke color and filter).
- Then save the meme in SVG or PNG format.
- Finaly you can edit the drawing with the editor of DRAWSVG.
Generate kinds of aquarelle with the photo to svg generator tool is very easy.
- It is achieved by reducing the dimensions of the photo and its number of colors.
- Then by extraction of the contours of the colors with filtering and smoothing of the vertices.
DRAW SVG developer tools are free software released under the GNU LGPL.
With these tools you can integrate drawsvg editor inside your web site.
- Request an API Key to activate your DRAW SVG integration.
- Then download Edrawsvg distribution.
About the company
DrawSVG.org is a french company (SIREN 893 836 361) owned by Joseph LIARD
- SVG and Web development technologies expert
- Provides services to customers (DrawSVG software licence contract with support, customization and training).
Partners and associated tools
Stephen McLaughlin and Bart Butenaers, contributors to NODE-RED (the flow-based development tool for visual programming).
- Provides professional editing, writing and illustration services.
- Has contributed to DRAW SVG especially to the development of multi-language document functionality.