DRAW SVG is a free online drawing editor with additional tools for generating, optimizing, converting your drawings and sharing them with a community.
- Designed for all content publishers, info graphic designers and developers.
- Edit your drawings with a powerful SVG editor.
- Browse, publish, share and comment drawings with an original graphic social network.
- Create memes with your favorite pictures and photos.
- Turn your photos into Impressionist drawings with Photo to drawing Tool.
- Discover the use of the editor with the interactive learning Showcases Tool.
- Generate your own shape catalog to insert in your drawings.
- Optimize the size of your SVG files before publishing them.
- Convert your SVG drawings to PNG images for publication.
- Encode your images (svg, png, jpeg) in base 64 for insertion into your HTML pages.
- Pure HTML5 and CSS styles
- Optimized for Chrome & FireFox, compatible with Edge, Safari and Opera.
- Touch device compatible.
- Integrate DRAW SVG editor in your website with developers integration API.
- Customize the UI with your own application.
Version 8-5on October 2020
- Added a menu with quick actions to the transform function.
Version 8-4on September 2020
Version 8-3on July 2020
- Drawing geometry objects with point capture.
- Target point highlighter to easy point select.
- Point move task for large objects.
- Merging points task to connect geometries.
Version 8-2on June 2020
Version 8-1on May 2020
- New drawing repetitive mode
- New path polygon geometry panels
- Draw free smooth path
- Styling multiple objects together
- New dev tool scroll widget
DRAW SVG tools are online tools totally free and easy to use, full documented and professional qualities.
- Use the editor to create and edit your drawings.
- Optimize their size with the optimizer tool.
- Share and publish them with the board tool.
- Generate kinds of aquarelle with the photo to svg generator tool.
- Create easy simple memes with images.
- Discover how to use editor features with the elearning tool with use cases animations.
- Generate your personal shape catalog to import in the editor to customized it with your interest field.
- Use additional web designer tools as the png format svg converter and the image encoder to enrich the contents of your html pages.
Extract from sitepoint.com :
Maybe you’ve already found your free Web-based SVG editor among the apps so far but if you haven’t, here is more.
DrawSVG is a fully standard compliant SVG editor with a lot of features.
What I really like about it that it has the look and feel of a Web app – i.e. menu on the left, click to open submenu, etc. – rather than the look and feel of a desktop app ported for the Web.
With DrawSVG you can draw, modify, and render objects. This includes drawing basic shapes, Bezier curves, straight and curved text, numerous stroke and fill styles, etc. You can also export your SVG to PNG.
Below are main features ordered by usual themes.
- Basic elements (path, rectangle, circle, ellipse, line, polyline, polygon)
- Bezier curves (cubic, quadratic, arcs, smoothed)
- Drawing geometry with point capture to connect objects
- Shapes, Emoji and Font Awesome icons
- Straight and curved text, single and multi-lines, with full feature editor
- Images and Google Maps
- Ready-made shapes (a lot of icons, arrows, flowcharts..)
- Media controls (YouTube, video, audio, rich text)
- Multi-language text
- Document composition with svg included
- Click an object, select the closest point clicked or all those inside in rectangle
- Select easy with target and points highlighting
- Moving the control points of the geometry of an object
- Transform objects
- Full interactive editing text with the mouse
- Manage layers, change the order of objects, align edges
- Browse map location
- Download and encode PNG into image objects
- Import svg files into included svg objects
- Copying the style of an object on another
- WYSIWYG editing style properties
- CSS styles management
- Color chooser (RGB, HSV, palette)
- Stroke style (color, scaling, width, dash, opacity, gradient, pattern, cap, join)
- Fill style (color, opacity, gradient. pattern, rule)
- Text style (family, size, font-style,weight, anchor, decoration)
- Marker style (start, mid, end)
- Customize gradients, filters, patterns and markers
Learning the use of drawsvg is very fast and easy
In addition to the online documentation, the DRAWSVG editor has an interactive tool to learn how to use it with animated tutorials that demonstrate use cases called "showcase".
- Showcase can be replayed step by step or full continual.
- Reproduces user actions directly on the DRAWSVG GUI.
- Indexed by keywords to easy find and select a use case.
Showcases are grouped into 9 themes that can be played continuously for an overview of the features :
Quick start drawing
- Draw all types of arcs
- Draw images (URL, encoded, map, SVG)
- Draw lines (oblique, vertical, horizontal, polylines)
- Draw paths (free, composite, hole, curves, smooth surfaces)
- Draw shapes (arrows, flow charts, symbols, emojis, font Awesome icons)
- Draw surfaces (rectangles, circles, ellipses, triangles, polygons)
- Draw texts (simple, multi lines, paths, styled)
An original graphic social network
Is a social network that manages signed topics composed of a drawing and a description classified by keyword and emojis.
Topics can be commented and followed by answers to build threads.
- Search latest topics by tags, keywords and emojis.
- Browse selection.
- Upload topics drawing.
- Sign In with a google account to add, comment or reply topics.
- To add a topic, select the topic's drawing creation mode from 4 different (from an image file, from a svg file, new meme, start new svg), then set the description and its classification by tags and emojis.
- Reply to a topic by completing its drawing with the editor of DRAWSVG or by a new drawing.
- Edit your topics, drawings and descriptions.
Creating a meme is very easy
A "meme" is an image with an added message on it.
- Choose an image or a photo.
- Define the meme size.
- The meme can have up to three captions (top, center,bottom).
- Select a caption, enter its text.
- Adjust the text style.
- Background style and advanced properties (stroke color and filter).
- Then save the meme in SVG or PNG format.
- Finaly you can edit the drawing with the editor of DRAWSVG.
DRAW SVG developer tools are free software released under the GNU LGPL.
With these tools you can integrate drawsvg editor inside your web site.
- Request an API Key to activate your DRAW SVG integration.
- Then download Edrawsvg distribution.
About the author
Joseph LIARD is the owner of DRAW SVG.
- Is SVG expert and web development technologies, TOGAF-certified IS architect, practices UML-based design methods.
- Has more than 30 years of experience including 20 in the realization of information systems from the sector of the digital cartography to the applications RH and payroll followed by a specialization in the control of the architecture of the IS.
Stephen McLaughlin and Bart Butenaers, contributors to NODE-RED (the flow-based development tool for visual programming).
- Provides professional editing, writing and illustration services.
- Has contributed to DRAW SVG especially to the development of multi-language document functionality.